Happy Sunday, Creators!
Before we get started, here’s a sales update of Gumroad creators this past week:
- 10,925 creators earned more than $0 this week.
- 2,818 creators earned more than $100 this week.
- 437 creators earned more than $1000 this week.
- 22 creators earned more than $10,000 this week.
- 1 creator earned more than $100,000 this week.
May this inspire you!
Today, we’re going to go over:
- How to create a high converting sales page
- How Noelle Stevenson became a successful narrative storyteller
- What we shipped for Gumroad creators
- What’s happening in the creator economy
How To Create a High Converting Sales Page in 6 Steps
1. Start with your dominant headline and value proposition.
Consumers are scanners.
80% of page visitors will only read the headlines.
Your main headline should be an eyeball magnet that screams your value proposition.
Your audience should read it and know the value you provide.
Underneath your headline is your sub-headline.
Here you introduce your product.
Explain how your product creates value.
2. Address the pain points
After you’ve gained a consumer’s attention, hook them in.
By addressing their biggest pain points.
And the problems they wish to solve.
Doing so opens the door to reveal your product as the solution to their problem.
3. Reveal the solutions and benefits
When Steve Jobs announced the iPod for the first time, he didn’t say, “5GB of memory.”
No, he said, “1000 songs in your pocket.”
Steve Jobs knew to promote the iPod as a solution to people’s problems.
Do the same.
Promote your product as a solution to your consumer’s problems.
4. Provide Social Proof
Social proof is a psychological phenomenon.
People copy the actions of others.
It makes them feel secure in their decisions.
This is why it’s essential to display social proof on your Gumroad page.
Showcase your happy customers to your potential customers.
5. Share the Details
Consumers want to know their money is well spent.
Here’s how you do it:
- Inform and educate customers on everything included.
- Put the value of your product on full display.
- Let the details go to work.
6. Create a sense of urgency
Most of the time, consumers aren’t ready to make a purchase when they visit your sales page.
It’s your job to push them over the hump and create the urge to make a purchase then and there.
Put this all together and you’ll turn website visitors into customers.
Here are 3 Gumroad creators who do this well:
How Noelle Stevenson Became a Successful Narrative Storyteller
Noelle Stevenson has always been a creator.
At 14, Noelle wrote a 600-page novel.
Her parents couldn’t keep a pencil out of her hand.
As she got older, she stumbled into fan art.
Sharing her art via Tumblr, Noelle connected with a community of fan art enthusiasts.
She quickly built a following.
As she developed her voice, Noelle pivoted from fan art to creating her first major character, Nimona.
This changed everything.
After developing her first major character, Noelle:
- Landed an internship at the comic company Boom Studios
- Got her first advance for her book Nimona
- Landed a job at Disney as a writer for Wander Over Yonder
- Joined the team at DreamWorks
And in the first two months of 2021, Noelle Stevenson’s autobiographical comic, the weight of them, has been downloaded and read more than 50,000 times on Gumroad.
Read about her entire creative journey here.
Here’s What We Shipped Out For Creators This Week
Creators can show the number of sales a product already has to prospective customers.
We’ve been grinding to add feature after feature to Gumroad.
You can check them all here.
What’s Happening In The Creator Economy
- 207 ways creators made their first $1 online.
- UPDATE: Arvid Kahl sold over 400+ copies of his book on Gumroad in two weeks.
- 55 free products on Gumroad that will help you launch a side project.
- Tell us which creator you want to hear on our upcoming podcast.
- From a pizza delivery driver to over $500k in sales on Gumroad in 11 months.
Monetize Your Mind
Sounds like the dream right?
We make this a reality for creators.
We created a free course for creators called “The Sale Every Day” Course.
Over a 5-day span you will learn:
- How to build a loyal audience on social media
- How to build an engaged email or text list
- Why to provide value before selling
- How to send traffic to your site
- How to create a high converting sales page
Start your journey of becoming a full-time creator here.
We will be back in your inbox next Sunday.
Until then, keep creating!
The Gumroad Team